Monday, November 28, 2011

Kansas City at Thanksgiving

I drove from Ft. Yates, North Dakota to Kansas City, Kansas by myself. Quite an adventure. Roger was in St.George visiting his father who has been quite ill. He flew into Kansas City the night before Thanksgiving Day.

When I left Ft. Yates on Monday morning it was 12 degrees, foggy, and the ground covered in snow. I didn't know what to expect in Kansas City. Yippee....It was warm and beautiful and in the high 30's.

On the way South to Kansas my route was parallel to the Missouri River. I took this picture while driving. It was three grain containers that had collapsed into a sink hole due to the flooding of the Missouri River.











Ryan and Hannah live in Lenexa, Kansas. It is a suburb of Kansas City. I could hardly wait to get to Ryan and Hannahs, to see our newest addition to the Davies Family - Madeline Claire Davies.
















Thanksgiving Day was held at the Ross Family Home in Shawnee, Kansas.






Hannah Ross Davies and her sister Jessica Ross





Sophie and Lucy Ross, Hannah's sisters








Roger and Sydne Davies








Roger and Ryan Davies







Jane and Rob Ross, Hannah's Parents.







Madeline Claire's Blessing Day - Sunday November 27, 2011





1 comment:

  1. Madeline is adorable, glad you traveled safe and I hope Rogers dad is starting to see signs of improvement. Congrats on the new granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete