Sunday, September 11, 2011

Rapid City, South Dakota Trip

Roger attended a training meeting for Indian Health Services in Rapid City, South Dakota. I was invited to tag along, and I am so glad

The trip to Rapid City took three and a half hours, not bad at all. As you can see, I love pictures of Old buildings and caught a few on the drive to Rapid City.
We passed a lot of very small towns along the way.




I love downtown Rapid City. The community has maintained a beautiful downtown area, and it has been restored and vibrant. Some of my favorite shops in Rapid City were: Prairie Sage - Indian Traders Shop, Tandy Leather shop, Boutiques, and awesome restaurants.


Graffiti Alley - This Alley has been set aside for the budding tag artist of Rapid City. As you can see it is a very wide alley, that in the early stages of building the downtown Rapid City Area. It is where all the major electrical lines are placed between the buildings. It is an oversized alley way.

I located a beading shop and took a private class for two days learning to make Cabochons - A style of beading using a large stone in the center with seed beads all around. It is similar to Indian Beading

Here are some photos of my finished beading projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment