Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Boxes, boxes, and more boxes.


Picture 1: What a mess...help I am being swallowed by boxes!

Picture 2: Picture of Ft Yates causeway road to the Island. Taken from the Standing Rock Tower facing south.

I swear my boxes are multiplying! Ok, all I have to say is...I did not get
rid of enough stuff before I moved. I have a one car garage, and barely have a path from the house to the front of the garage. What am I going to do? (I know you are thinking...some things never change.)

By the way, record humidity in North Dakota, all for me!

Had my clothes washer hooked up today, and boy did I need to do wash. No dryer though, my gas dryer will not work without gas hookups in my home. Next Purchase...electric dryer. I discovered that line drying is kind of a nostalgic "vintage" experience for me. I have a clothes line already set up in the back of my home here in Ft.Yates. It took me back to the days visiting my Grandma Stott in Kanosh, and helping her take in the dry laundry. How long has it been since you smelled a line dried sheet on your bed? There is nothing like it. There is something theraputic about hanging clothes out to dry and the fresh smell.

Also, I am living really primative, by washing the dishes by hand. Sure is a goodway to keep the dirt out from under your finger nails.

Go on line and look up Fort Yates, North Dakota. Zoom in and notice the big blue tower in the middle of the island. I live two blocks from the tower and below the words "Rock" and "tribe."

Roger took me on a ride on our four wheeler up to the tower. You could see forever in all directions the path of the Missouri river...notice it is flooding a lot of the farm land where you see the trees sticking out of the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment