Monday, July 25, 2011

From the Beginning


View of Fort Yates community, from Standing Rock Tower.

I arrived at Fort Yates, North Dakota, or Standing Rock Reservation as the locals call it on July 25th at 1:00 am in the morning. That moment was my first view of the home I would live in for an indefinate period of time.

It was too dark, to see what I was getting myself into, but I was grateful for a home, and a bed to crawl into. My husband, Roger, had lived here for two months without me as I executed a wedding event for our fourth daughter, Lauren in Utah. How he survived with out me, is a mystery.

Roger had a queen size boxspring and mattress on the floor of one of three small bedrooms,a folding table, one chair, and a refrigerator as his only furniture and appliance for the past two months. I now understand how Roger lost 15 pounds in the past two months also! He says he was trying to loose the weight, but I know better, if he was tired...sleep came before eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment